*(read public = CP)
Read a few reviews praising the movie on IMDB.
Fail to understand how anyone can give this lousy movie a rating of 10 - It can happen only if they have not seen ANY of the movies that T4 has been "inspired" from.
(the count presently stands at 13 movies!)
Fail to understand how a Terminator movie was beaten by "Night at the museum" and still had a 7.4 rating on IMDB.
Fail to understand why of all the reviews written on the movie, none have been scathing of the movie and are trying to play down the lousiness of the movie. The most honest review was one that said "Ben Stiller finishes off Terminator Salvation". Why? Because it presented box office collections for the long weekend.
T4 - 53.8 Million
Night at the museum starring Ben Stiller - 70 Million!
Numbers don't lie. You cannot mellow them down like reviews written by paid scribes!
Here are reasons why T4 sucked and a few suggestions to make it better!
1. The 1st hour of the movie is just building up the plot.
2. The 2nd hour tries to show all the cool action that you have watched in the trailers! By then you are too bored to find it cool, especially if the trailers are in HD!
3. The people in the movie appear well groomed - not helpless and desolate (as they should be in a post-nuclear world)
4. The machines are collecting people to take them to a facility and then kill them. Why? Are you going to harvest them for making nuclear batteries?
5. Just use the robotic arm for picking up the people to crush them! Its more efficient instead of transporting them to a shed and THEN killing them!
6. (7.) In fact, why use the arm at all? Why not just carpet bomb the world and kill everyone.
7. (8.) Whats the use of killing ALL the people? Or even capturing them? Were the machines just trying to find something to keep themselves busy? -
"Gee, we built so many extra nuclear batteries. We'll have to build some terminators to use them now."
"Gee, now there are extra Terminators, so lets kill some people even though they are not much of a resistance!" groovy! (FYI, that's what Bush did in Iraq. Its not the future, its the past!)
8. (6.) In the beginning of the movie, John Connor looks at a nuclear blast happen and survives without even getting a pimple on his ass.
9. (7.) You cannot kill a terminator by shooting it with a gun! Its stupid! The bullets will just bounce off!
10. (8.) Once the gun is empty, you cannot throw it at the Terminator and say "die!" - No, that will not kill it either, unless you are trying to kill it with your stupidity!
11. (9.) When you see a 30 foot "Transformer type" robot coming at you, you should know you cannot outrun it in a pickup truck!
12.(10.) The "predator" in the Arnold movie was a better killing machine than the Terminators!
13. (11.) The bat-man like bike dispatched from the robot's leg was not meant to be ridden by a human!
14 (12.) When there is a nuclear blast, you cannot communicate on radio!
15. (13.) You cannot blow up a nuclear battery plant and possibly escape in a helicopter! You will die!
16. (14.) The nuclear battery plant - the source of the terminator fuel - had minimal security! Even some banks these days have lasers to guard their facility!
17. (15.) If the terminators are heat proof, why not have a "heat-moat" around the plant that will kill humans, but allow the terminators to move in and out!
18. (16.) After killing all the humans, what will Skynet do? Grow potatoes? Or try to create a Issac Asimov inspired SIMS world by building fornicating robots!
19. (17.) The human-robot removes a computer chip from his brain and survives without a hitch! Did he run a test to check if the chip - embedded in his brain - was not vital for his survival? ha!
20. (18.) The same human-robot throws a chair at the display screen thru which Skynet communicated with him - even I know that not going to kill Skynet! Whats the point in that? Just run and save John without trying to reason with an AI computer that has almost succeeded in destroying the world!
21. (19.) If you are going to argue with Skynet, at least make sure you have some logic that would throw it into an endless recursive loop that will lock it up!
22. (20.) He could have installed Windows Vista on the computer - That would have caused it to crash every 30 minutes!
23. (21.) The patches required by Vista would cause Skynet to reboot twice every week. The humans can use that time to infiltrate and capture Skynet!
24. (22.) Putting charcoal over an airbrushed actor does not create an authentic desolate look! Try to get some make inspiration from Mad-Max if you have borrowed a few scenes from it!
25. (23.) The transformer type robot in point 9 raised the count of "Inspired movies" to 14!
26. (24.) Considering all the above points, this post should be called "your ticket money saving post!"
27. (25.) Add your own reason here!