Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The drive!

April has me seeing a lot of birthdays, but out of all of them, there is one that is near and dear to me! Its the birthday of my (late) grandpa. He was a man of few words - over the years, I have learned a lot from him. Perhaps the biggest lesson he preached was 'simple living - high thinking' a motto that the man lived by for his whole life - also one that he tried to inculcate in everyone around him, especially thru his way of life.

In honour of his 1st birthday since he passed away, my family is organising a blood donation drive. I'm certain that where ever he is, he will love the idea of a 'celebration' that helps other people - without the big pomp and show! After all, it's something that goes with his life-motto!

The drive will be organised in Bombay on Sunday, 19Th April between 9 am - 2 pm. The blood collection will be done by Samarpan Blood Bank in affiliation with Sarvodaya hospital.

If you are available and can make a donation, please send an email to spikeace@gmail.com for details on the venue. If you cannot, there's an idea for you in case you like to celebrate an occasion by doing public service!

PS: Feel free to spread the word - family and friends are welcome.

12 comments:

Ava said...

Thats Great EISI, Most of our elders were like that. That is what keeps us Indians so grounded.

couchpapaya said...

very cool and kudos to ur family for such a great idea! all the best!!

Valerine said...

Hey that's a great initiative and m sure ur grandpa's soul will be in solace...

Serendipity said...

Fantastic!
Im moving this weekend, else wouldve made it. :(

will spread the word though, can u let me know which part of Mumbai it will be in?

Shayari said...

Wonder what connection we develop with these caring souls..reminds me of my grand mum. Great initiative!Hope the event is a success.

Bhargavi said...

dats so nice of u r family.. hope the event goes well..

Vee said...

Kahan hai Chintu Pachees, kahan hai? Jab zarurat hai toh nazar nahi aa rahi..

Copied in mail and sent to few friends.

Bouncing-Bubble said...

best way to remember ur grand dad. Kudos to ur family.whose idea was it?

Smita said...

The event was very well organised ad trust me, I was proud to be a part of such an inititative...

Kudos to your family....

A post coming up soon...

BTW I was missing from here because there have been instances when I say I will do this or that but don't end up doing them. So I thought it was better if I actually attend it and then say something about it :-)

eye-in-sty-in said...

Hi Ava,
You said it right! Indians are thought humility and respect from early days.

Hi CP,
Thank you dear!

Hi Valerine,
Thank you v much.

Hi Serene,
Thats a bummer. Moves can be very tough.

Hi Shayari,
Thank you for the wishes.

Hi Bhargavi,
Thank you too for the wishes.

Hi Vee,
lol @ ur comment. Thanks for promoting.

Hi BB,
Thank you dear. The idea came up thru me, but then ultimate decision was family's as they were the implementors :-)

Hi Smita,
So you went! Thanks a bunch! And a post too... lol, now that is simply too nice of you. Hey, I can totally understand if people have apprehensions to do the deed. Everyone has their own way of donating and volunteering. But i'm really happy that you went and actually did it! Thanks again.

Vyzz said...

oye so this is what it was..


hmm


nice gesture really...very thoughtful :)

vyo

eye-in-sty-in said...

Thanks Vyo!
Ur presence was missed!