Wednesday, July 8, 2009

8th July - What a day!

8th July will never be the same year on year....

Was out celebrating a friend's wife's b'day @ the martini bar while living out of a suitcase when it dawned on me... this is the 3rd person I know who celebrates their b'day on this day!

Waitress was a 10, btw! And my friend was not happy when I snubbed her... yeah, the same one whose wife's b'day we were celebrating! lolz! Such is the understanding between them that when the waitress didn't hover around our table (I was blamed for it, btw) the wife asked her hubby "how come she disappeared?" wonderful couple indeed with deep sense of understanding!

Come to blog world and find out there is a marriage that happened on the same date! And its my cuz's wedding anniversary! And a blog pal's son has passed away on the same date!

Wow! Such an intense and filled up day is 8th July! makes you feel that you are standing still on the side walk and life is zipping past you... (Maybe it was not just a coincidence that our table was on the patio with cars and ppl zipping past)... Kinda tell you - better go out there and do your thing before its too late, else you'll always be playing "catch up"

Although, I still maintain I was right in snubbing the waitress when she tried to take the camera from me for a pic! So what if she is a 10, she still has to ask if I need a group pic taken and not TELL that she can take the pic!

My friend's daughter thought she was a little ditsy. The daughter may be young, but she ain't naive... I agree with her :-)

26 comments:

Varun said...

I completed 4 years in IT on 8th July 2009...

It is a great day in my life!

My condolences to your blog pal Lynn who's son passed away on 8th of July last year. Life can be so cruel sometimes.

Happy Anniversary to Aparna and Belated birthday wishes to your friend's wife.

Varun said...

Ann btw I was the first to comment! Yey!! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, the turns and tags of life can make us stand still. On one hand, there's the celebration of life, and the other hand we mourn for the loved ones.

Write away your sorrows, my friend.

Ripples said...

Condolences to Lynn......
Well someone very rightly said....Life's a journey not a destination.....
And like you mentioned about getting it before someone else does.....I would say Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it is the moments that take you breath away....:)

Angel's Flight said...

Hmmm so u still living out of ur suitcase huh! well atleast you are having fun!

Ann Dee said...

Live each day as if it is your last and there'll never be anything un-done, unsaid.

Checked out "Our Unfinished Song"...Couldn't get myself to drop a line. :'(

Americanising Desi said...

Life is a journey, undoubtedly!

Ava said...

My dad's birthday is on 8th. I missed him so much on the day. He used to love being wished and partied on the day.

eye-in-sty-in said...

Hi Varun,
Congrats on the 1st comment and thank you for the wishes!

Hi Anna,
Sometimes we do have to find a way to vent out the steam of thoughts. You should try it too.

Hi Rips,
I have heard that quote in forward emails and it still holds value bcoz its the truth.

eye-in-sty-in said...

hi Angel,
Yep - have become an expert at recycling clothes so that ppl cannot realise I am recycling (atleast thats what I think.. btw, my phone did not ring!)

Hi Ann Dee
Well said - do implement it too :P

Hi AD,
Right!

hi Ava,
wow! Another addition to the 8th list! 8th sure is a spl day now!

Bhargavi said...

eventful day indeed ! .. waitress was 10 ??

sujata sengupta said...

Great post, 8Th july is quite an eventful day indeed! and you did great by snubbing the waitress!

Aparna said...

Waitress was Bo? And you snubbed her?
July 8 is a special day, though I am sorry to learn about Lynn's loss. Life is funny at times.

Shayari said...

Hmmm.. there are days when one gets to see two sides of the same coin.

BTW waitress was 10..??

eye-in-sty-in said...

Hi B,
10 means - she was absolutely STUNNING!

Hi Sujata,
Well, it was not planned... she happened to find a wrong button and the Spikes shot out ... kind of a muscle spasm with the tongue being th muscle in Q :P

Hi Aparna,
:D Life is funny. Are u and Sujata sisters? (even sujata can answer this)

eye-in-sty-in said...

Hi Shayari,
10 bole toh stunning!

Shayari said...

lol got it :D

Aparna said...

Sujata and I are first cousins.(She is my chacha's daughter. I cant get over the fact that you snubbed a Bo Derek lookalike. Get help.

eye-in-sty-in said...

She was not a bo derek look alike... didnt quite have bo derek's assets but she was stunning in her own right... and she got what was fit for her :P

eye-in-sty-in said...

1st cuz's ... ? nice and interesting... :-)

sujata sengupta said...

whats nice and interesting??

eye-in-sty-in said...

nice that ur cuzs and interesting coz now I know.

Lynn said...

how very nice of you to include our day into your blog post. i've read the comments and i'm simply touched by your kindness in mentioning our loss. love, life and loss, it's the circle of life no doubt. the life we hang onto so tightly. you are special, thank you. nice read and nice that you called me your friend, can't seem to get enough of those.

eye-in-sty-in said...

Hi Lynn,
You are welcome.

vimmuuu said...

Dont make me start all over again with all those fundas on life !!! I still stand by my point - Life is unfair !!!

eye-in-sty-in said...

It is Vimmu, agree with that :-)