Sunday, November 23, 2008

What a week!

The Dow Jones index breaks a 4 day losing streak in the week by finishing up with a strong rally of 490+ points. In the same week, the big 3 of American auto industry go to the senate in corporate jets for funds to stay afloat and prevent bankruptcy. That's like begging with a golden bowl! The senate does the right thing by turning them down and asking them to come back with a concrete plan on how they will use the tax payer's money. The episode reminded me of the Roman empire and their wasteful ways during their hey-days.

Watched Madagascar - Escape 2 Africa - the movie is so darn funny! The best sequence in the movie was the way those penguins steal the jeep from humans. A word of advise - so much happens in that sequence, don't blink! The granny is crazy cool! It is funnier than the 1st one. Watch it! - my score - 4/5

Also watched Twilight - This is strictly a date movie ... Its about a vampire falling for a human. The movie was refreshing as far as vampire movies go. The concept was a little hard to believe, but then it was done nicely. It also ousted Quantum of Solace for the No. 1 spot in its opening week. Chemistry between the lead pair of Bella (Kirsten Stewart) and Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson) was very good. Watch it with a date that's into vampire movies and some "biting" ;-) - I give it a rating of 2.5/5. For the ladies, Pattinson was voted the sexiest vampire beating the likes of Brad Pitt and Antonio Banderas.

Here's what not to do when you are drunk - Don't drive a car - let other drunk friends do it for you, don't say bad things about your ex in front of friends, don't show your pole dancing skills after 2 long islands, 2 beers and a divorce. But hey, theres nothing like the company of friends who love you unconditionally - even if you do any or all of these things, make a complete ass of yourself after a divorce - good times! Carpe Diem! Oh, and that spot you left on the pillow from ur slobber, dont worry about it - Its taken care of :-)

The next week will see me trying my hand with a dish made with a Butternut Squash for Thanksgiving. If everyone survives the dish, I may post a blog about it.

9 comments:

Smita said...

Which 2 besides GM??? I never knew this also happened...

"vampire falling for a human" hehehe...interesting settings indeed...

Pole dancing??? ROFL....Did the pole survive???? BBTT...

BTW that was indeed an interetsing week that you had :)

eye-in-sty-in said...

It was Ford and Chrysler - with GM being the worst of the 3.

The vampire movie was not bad after all. The story was different and worth a dekko.

Hey - leave the poledancing alone, will ya ;-) - anyone who is freshly divorced deserves to do whatever they wish to do without being judged.

Smita said...

lol that is a neat justification :P

eye-in-sty-in said...

Its not justification - am standing up for a friend - as I wd for you.

Smita said...

Oh i completely agree on standing for the friend part. There are no two thoughts or doubts on that. And trust me you get good friends because you are a good friend. I only laughed on the pole part. Thanks :-)

Ava said...

Beat Brad Pitt - not a difficult thing, but beat Antonio Banderas? Thts tough, how cute WAS the guy.. this I got to see.

well, after i got divorced, i used to clean house to get out of depression, pole dancing beats that by miles..

I am kind of fed up of animated flicks... they are all around you... but oh ok .. if you say so.. i will try not to switch channels when this comes on.

Vee said...

I am into Vampire Movies.. I got a thing for them, I mean before your twisted mind thinks otherwise, I meant I feel like them.. After Interview With Vampire... I wanted to be one (the Tom Cruise character, though liked Antonio as well)... So I got to watch this.. I have seen the trailer and had the movie site bookmarked where they showed that countdown thingy to the release date..

Whoa!!! Why not say bad things about ex in front of friends.. agree if a friend is still friendly with ex.... otherwise how does that make a diff.?

Of course one can show the pole dancing skills whilst drunk.. depends where exactly I mean on what exactly the skill is being applied..:) now come off it.. say all...

eye-in-sty-in said...

Avdi,

U shd have seen this friend of mine... she went nuts after 2 long islands :-)) It was morbidly funny bcoz of the divorce.

If u wanna watch madagascar and enjoy it, u need to give up animated flicks for 2 months. Kinda like giving up sex for 7 days to enjoy it more (I didnt say it, this church pastor did... and he was on CNN).

eye-in-sty-in said...

Oxy,

I do have a twisted mind if u think sinking my teeth into delectable flesh is twisted. Knowing u, u shd like Twilight... It grossed $70 Million over the weekend.

Why not say bad things abt exes? Well, for one, its kinda cheapo (IMO). But you can certainly talk abt them with close friends in the privacy of your home. It just does not make for a good dinner conversation, esp in front of people you have just met.

On the pole dance, I'm a vault! - my lips are sealed ;-)