Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ann Dee's Challenge and Spike's response!

Yesterday, my new and sassy blog-friend Ann Dee had challenged me to find her identity on MS.

I was reluctant initially since I don't visit that site much these days, I asked the challenger for a prize. She was sweet enough to buy me a cool, crisp, foamy, cold and refreshing glass of beer... !!

(I thought the girl in the center was a dude! Guess I was distracted by the........

pearl necklace!!)

The spoils were agreed upon, but there was a slight problem.... we are both in a different geographic locations, so to keep things simple, I agreed to a virtual beer that I can display on my blog along with this caption -

"Ann Dee bows to thee and promises to never ever mess with the smart and cool dude, eye-in-sty-in, at least in this lifetime".

If I am not able to find her ID on MS, I'll buy her a virtual beer and she get to display it with the caption, "eye-in-sty-in bows to thee and promises never to mess with the sassy Ann Dee" - after all, the deal should work both ways, right?

But when I asked her for the prize, she told me that the link to her profile was already on her blogger profile. However, I DID NOT go there as I was already in my "challenge" mode!

But Ann Dee refused to trust Eye-in-sty-in... "I dont know you well enough" she said and went to hog on a tuna sandwich before she chickened out when I raised her wager! So I thought.... Hmmm..... a chicken hoggging on a tuna sandwich makes for quite a zooo!! I digress!

Since the hype was built up, I said to myself, "So what if she chickened out! To heck with the prize... I'll do it just for the joy of sleuthing!" :D

And off went the Spikemeister to trace down this damsel who goes by the name of Ann Dee!

A little sleuthing revealed that "Ann Dee" was a jazzed up version of ND! Searching for Ann Dee on MS was now a waste!

"What have you got yourself into this time, Spike!!" said Eye-in-sty-in. "How could you put my reputation at stake like this!".

"Chill out dude! How can I refuse a beer man! That too when its offered by a pretty and sassy woman! Besides, it was a challenge dude. What was I supposed to do? Back down?!"

"Oh pipe down!" retorted Eye-in-sty-in. He didn't sound happy at all. Spike now had to make sure the damsel's profile was found!

But then, poor Spike had no clues! No leads to follow... just ... Wait a minute! Didn't Ann Dee comment on Eye-in-sty-in's previous post about traffic signs? Lets look there!!

With a smug look on his face and armed with this new found info about her location, Off went Spike in the hunt of this saucy sassy damsel who goes by the name of ND!

He took his hand,
pulled up his pants!
He pulled out his wand,
and stuck the sand!
He cast a spell,
into the well!

"Google me this... Google me that! Show me a big blind bat"

Thwack!

"What the.... Why did you hit me, Eye-in-sty-in?"
"You were saying it all wrong!" said Eye-in-sty-in.
"What was I saying wrong?"
"The spell. You were saying it wrong! You We are looking for ND, not a big, blind bat".
This Eye-in-sty-in was such a know-it-all! thought Spike, muttering under his breath!
"I know that!" he said out loud and went back to casting the spell again...


"Google me this... Google me that! Show me a dandy Ann Dee"
We have found 500 profiles matching 'Ann Dee' ...... proclaimed MS!

Grrrrrrrr!! Spike should have known... Mouthshut search sucks!

Spike and Eye-in-sty-in look at each other in surprise.... and thats when it stuck them!
"Wait a minute" they said at the same time, looking at each other - as it finally dawned upon them!

"Google me this... Google me that! Show me a dandy ND"


Voilaaaaa!!



Scrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeech!


That's not Ann Dee! That's Eye-in-sty-in's friend B!!!

Beep-Beep! Go back go back!

(Note to self - Give wand for servicing after finding Ann Dee's profile and getting the beer trophy from her!.... maybe....)

Poof!

And, there we have it folks!


The oh so sassy,
and not so naughty!
The one with the almond eyes,
and the lovely smile!
She has no beard,
just a moustache!





What???????? Curse this wand!!! It is definitely going for a checkup!









Whaddaya say folks! Doesn't Nidarshana have a lovely pair of eyes!

O Sassy one, I'd like my beer chilled and inscribed please! That is, if you are still game :-)

However, if you sulk, lemme know and I will remove all traces of the moustache... Althought I must admit, you carry it with elan! ;-)

PS: No hard feelings, eh? :-))

57 comments:

Serendipity said...

LOLL!!! :D

Zeba said...

Hmmmmmmm. Poor girl. Mean boy

Vyzz said...

so thats what uve been up to.

Ripples said...

I hereby confirm you to be a detective and join the FBI or the CBI.....SO far how successful have u been in tracing down people or winning a bet.....
If you haven't lost any till date...be ready to loose one :)

Yword said...

u sound vela actually. but good work holmes.and almond eyes? "almond" eyes? you a shayar now?

Ava said...

Wah ! Amazing ! Kya teer mara hai. So when do you get to display your prize?

Americanising Desi said...

you are such a killer arent you!

Bhargavi said...

crazy ! :-) .. lol!

eye-in-sty-in said...

Hi B,
:D

Hi Zebra,
Poor girl? mean boy? ha ha ha :P All in good fun.

Hi Vyzz,
Not at all...

eye-in-sty-in said...

Hi Rip,
I am not a betting man at all *innocent face*

Hi M,
right said fred! Me? Shayar? Nah.... But I do have a split personality that may have romantic moods every now and then... :D

Hi Ava,
Prize ka to pata nahi... Mohtarmaa abhi tak to gayab hain... :D

eye-in-sty-in said...

Hi AD,
Killer? I thought you'd be the last person to say that... Always imagined you to be the "make love, not war" types... and here u brand me a killer! tch tch

Hi Razzle-dazzle,
:D

Smita said...

Aha!!! The detective Spike strikes!!!!

Where is lady in question and where the winner's beer glass!!!!!

eye-in-sty-in said...

Hi Smita,
ha ha ha - Lady in question is MIA! Maybe she went to get my trophy inscribed and drunk all the beer herself :P

Anonymous said...

Bravvo! Bravvo!
A beer from me too
Cheers! :-D

eye-in-sty-in said...

Hi Doc,
When I get my beer from ND, we can do cheers! If not, maybe FE can share his OM :P

Magical Homes said...

great blog...

shall be around....

:)

vimmuuu said...

Recession time...a lot of free time, huh ? LOL. Hmmm..I could use you for my matrimonial searches. What say ???

Ann Dee said...

Gustakh ne mere chehre pe muchey banayee, called me a 'big-blind-bat' and he still expects me to send him the beer...

P.S. This surprize discovery has brought the Rani Laxmi Bai outta me and drawing my sword out I shalt come for you Mister EISI. Chalo friends, help me find him. An award if you're able to.. ;P

eye-in-sty-in said...

Hi MD,
You are most welcome... see you around!

Hi Vimmu,
done! send me the specs and I'll find a suitable model.... err... bride :D

Ann Dee,
You deserve a spl comment to yourself for being cool :-)

eye-in-sty-in said...

Hi Ann Dee

:D

I didnt call you a big blind bat! That was an honest mistake by Spike as Eye-In-Sty-In was bugging him... and the moustache was because the wand had a mal-function! I have given it to the wizard's shop to get it fixed! Cost me fifty large ones too!! The wizard said it was because the last person you searched for had a big.... brain! (he said head, but I am not going to say that to you... thats just rude! Your head is just fine...)

And whats this? Rani Laxmi bai? Sword? (Did you know Sword is a rock band? they r a little more than ok...) and you are beating your tom-toms and calling out to your friends? what is this? a witch hunt? lolz!!

Waise, If you send me the captioned beer, I can coax some of your friends to help you find me. Otherwise, they all know how good you are at delivering prizes!

Seriously, thanks for having a sense of humor and for not blowing up your top! Now I will have to do something more extreme to test your limits ;-)

lafemmereva said...

hayyoo!!! totally cracked me up!!! AD u r a sport!

eye-in-sty-in said...

Hi LFR,
:-))
Glad that you had fun at Ann Dee's expense.... !

Aparna said...

All this for a beer? Huh, I AM really getting too old for this.

Vee said...

Lage raho...:)

eye-in-sty-in said...

Hi Aparna,

That too virtual... and then it was not even delivered :-P
Beat that!

Hi Vee,
:D

Aparna said...

BTW I like your taste in jewellery.

eye-in-sty-in said...

A pearl necklace always looks elegant... if wore correctly :P

sujata sengupta said...

Google can be fun too!! Did you think you would get the necklace as well as the..... girl, or was it just for a virtual beer??

eye-in-sty-in said...

Hi Su,
Which girl are you referring to?

sujata sengupta said...

the attachment to the necklace/to the moustache

eye-in-sty-in said...

Oh! that...! That was solely for the beer... ;-) Did you see the giant glasses they are holding?

Anonymous said...

Looks like I found another jolly twin =D

You're good :P

eye-in-sty-in said...

Hi Anamika,

Thank you for following me - my pardner in crime! :P

Aparna said...

I like pearls, they are understated and elegant. Diamonds are so over the top... don't you think?

eye-in-sty-in said...

Totally with you on that! Pearls is the 1st jewelery I had bought for a woman! Timeless and elegant. Diamonds... well, they are not that bad now... Depends on the stone and how its picked... Bigger is not always better.

Nidhi said...

Hahaha ! I must say the caption really caught my eye ;) Smart one ;)

Liked your blog :) Will be around :)

eye-in-sty-in said...

Hi Nidhi,
Thanks! Took me a long time to figure out a good caption for the post - I'm really glad someone noticed it!

Varun said...

Am here! Am here!

Nidarshana does have a lovely pair of eyes :)

And you were too good there! Great work! You deserve not just one but a dozen virtual glasses of Beer :)

eye-in-sty-in said...

At least someone recognizes my hard work and is willing to gimme a prize! Unlike others... (are u reading this Ann Dee?)

Ann Dee said...

Yes I am and with eyes wide open and a smile stretching upto my two ears [and this guy is still talking about the beer]

eye-in-sty-in said...

Are you smiling from ear 2 ear coz your drinking my beer!?

Ann Dee said...

No I'm smiling at that hope....that the crate'll happen...someday... :P

eye-in-sty-in said...

nice pigtails! here is a good band for ya!
http://chickenfoot.us/

Ann Dee said...

Did 'Somebody' just copy a link from 'Somewhere'?

eye-in-sty-in said...

of course I copied it from my browser addy

Shanu said...

L0l...sahi post!!

PurpleHeart said...

Ohh she sure is; I mean without the mush. :)

eye-in-sty-in said...

Hi Shanu,
:-) bambaiya style lingo ... mazaa aa gaya bhidu!

Hi Sandy,
ha ha ha.. thanks for clarifying ur taste... I still think the 'tash rocks on her!

DPhatsez said...

distracted by the pearl necklace? So was I! Hell Yeah! ;)

Nice one, mate! \m/

eye-in-sty-in said...

Thanks and welcome to my blog.

Ann Dee said...

Mister...here's news.... You blog doesn't open in Explorer (IE8). Been noticing it since quite some time now.. It says "Operation Aborted...blah blah".

Works fine in Chrome but. Did you take panga with Bill G? (like you do with other famous people...like me :P)

eye-in-sty-in said...

Yep... I am aware... it works sometime and doesn't work another times... as you know billy the goat, can u phuleej talk to him? btw, Does he stay in the same zoo as you :P

Ann Dee said...

Bhalai ka zamaana he nehi raha... Phew!

eye-in-sty-in said...

oh... where are my manners... thank you :-))

N said...

i nearly died laughing reading this one...nearly ;)
great blog you got here! :)

eye-in-sty-in said...

TY Nikita,
Welcome to my blog. Do let me know if you want to be drawn upon. I can do devil horns and pig-tails too :P

Unknown said...

One of your funniest blogs ever! Where are you, man?